Job title: Intern; Democracy & Political Parties
Job function: Internship
Location: Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)
Period: The spring semester of 2019, start date 4 February
Are you interested in international development, the development of democratic political cultures in transitioning countries, and the engagement of youth and women in politics? Then this internship at the Danish Institute for Parties and Democracy (DIPD) might be just what you are looking for!
The DIPD team in Myanmar is looking for an intern for the spring semester of 2019 to participate and assist in the day-to-day work with developing and strengthening the democratic political culture in Myanmar.
Your tasks will include – but not be limited to
· Do background research on topics related to democracy, political parties, human rights and legal framework, preparation of activities and monitoring and evaluation.
· Contribute to activity concept notes and activity reports, support monitoring and evaluation of the projects, and any other duties as required.
· Assisting the Project Coordinators in implementing activities, including youth and women in politics trainings and political dialogues
· Support monitoring and evaluation of the DIPD program in Myanmar, especially on results achieved among political youth and women – i.e. storytelling, video etc.
· Drafting reports, newsletters, posters, brochures and flyers and news in coordination with the Media and Communications Coordinator both for Myanmar audience and Danish media
· Maintaining overview of information available and shared on social media
· Plan and develop political briefs and other communication materials for circulating to internal and external stakeholders
· Attending events and meetings and provide minutes to relevant team members
· Assisting in other assignments on request
· Enrollment at a Danish university in a relevant field of study e.g. – Political Science, Sociology, Asian Studies, Global Development, International Development Studies and other similar branches of social sciences
· Fluent in spoken and written Danish and English
· Experience in working with communication (Danish and English) is an asset
· Knowledge of democracy assistance and policy is an asset
· Knowledge and experience within monitoring and evaluation of projects is an asset
· Experience from youth politics is an asset, but not a requirement
You will become part of a small, energetic and dedicated team located in downtown Yangon. The internship is unpaid, but DIPD will cover your expenses for travel to and from Myanmar and your insurance. Furthermore, you will receive a monthly compensation to help cover living expenses. Our office in Myanmar will assist you in finding a place to live, but it will essentially be your own responsibility.
You will attend preparatory meetings and briefings at the DIPD HQ in Copenhagen, prior to your internship.
You will be appointed a supervisor at DIPD, who will supervise your work during the internship.
The internship period is four months, and it is a full time position, equal to 37 working hours per week.
Application: Application deadline is December 16th 2018
Applications to this position should be sent to DIPD Senior Program Officer, Martin Rosenkilde Pedersen email@example.com copy to Country Representative in Myanmar, Khin Thazin Myint, firstname.lastname@example.org. The application should include your CV, a statement of interest, grade transcript from your current studies and documentation of enrollment, you may also include recommendations. All documents should be in English and merged into one pdf-file.
For further information regarding the position, please contact DIPD Senior Program Officer, Martin Rosenkilde Pedersen.